Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cold feet is better than sore toes



I live vicariously through my sister. This photo was taken on the cold steps of the Piazza San Marco. To me, it seemed much like a Gossip Girl rendezvous: long gown, bare foot, thick coat and cemented steps.

This snapshot appears more glamorous than what it really was. She's been walking on high heels distance after distance and her feet were aching every inch of the way. Taking them off meant walking on cold, cold ground. Well, cold feet is really better than sore toes, she said. Well sweety, beauty has its price. Stop whining, lucky you. (My sister is quite a lucky girl, getting free trips, free passes and an ease in almost everything. I guess it is all a matter of perspective, you will never see this girl running or rushing without her concealer on nor will you see her with any business undone.)

Something about this photo and about that experience unleashes the green-eyed monster in me. I live vicariously through my sister. As much as books and my clinical encounters keep me in dry warm clothes and comfortable shoes, I do want to be barefoot in the cold (hopefully in Venice or Paris), some time soon too!










My sister is not a big fan of taking scenic photos, so I took the liberty of ripping one from the internet.


San Marco, I'll see you soon.








Today's mood: JEALOUS.

2 comments:

  1. let's walk through europe. maybe you can treat me after 100 years. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. it may take a hundred years but when it comes, it will be legendary! prepare for ultimate luxury! hahaah...

    ReplyDelete